Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Sunny Day in London-town

"Hmmm. Like to, tho i think i'm too broke down, beat up, and burnt out to keep up with you!" - Reuben Wiseman

Yes, I still think of Reuben. Every day. Sick. Anyhooo...
Life continues at it's frantic pace and yet I feel much more centered since being employed and settling into a more normal dating life. I am also crawling around the Underground working on a project for my cousin that is exciting not only for the break in my routine, but also because it is marginally against the rules. -Gattina adjusts her 'Michelle of the French resistance' sunshades and scarf and checks to be positive the flash is turned off on her camera while teetering on the dreaded escalator. Drugs + stilettos + escalator = possible damage/death!- You see, taking photos in the Tube is tricky. The stations are private property but as long as you use no flash or tri-pod and don't block the flow of commuters, you're usually ok. Up the ante with a gram of charlie on your person and now we're talking work-a-day thrills! I don't want to be misleading just for entertainment however since my cousin is probably having kittens right about now so to be honest, I've done most of the work so far without the enhancement (or possession) of drugs. No worries.
I am dating only a couple people these days- needed to slow down for a week or two. Here's the major players this week: my Navy Lieutenant and someone I have not properly introduced yet. I'll go ahead and call him my silver fox and he was also proposal number eight. He's in his fifties, extremely successful, and married. I have not shagged him yet and am still undecided where that will go at this point. Last night I had promised to cook him a fantastic dinner but when I didn't feel like it, he was absolutely fine with it and took me to a lounge and then a lovely restaurant in Belgravia. He didn't negatively comment on my frequent trips to the loo for bumps and didn't get the slightest bit angry when I bled out of my nose on his white duvet at some point during the night. As I struggled against falling asleep last night I tried to explain to him that he didn't want the responsibility of someone like me and he listened patiently. The fact is he's looking for a relationship- someone to leave his wife for so maybe it is me that doesn't want the responsibility.
My officer is the opposite. He likes seeing me and while he offered to marry me too, is really a 'good time guy'. We see each other maybe once a week and text every day or two. I need to be careful not to get seduced into another chasing game. Screw that.
I am to go to Italy in less than 10 days and then my brother comes! I truly cannot wait! My other brother, Xaviour, is still considering moving over here and that would be the absolute best. I am missing my siblings even though I have such wonderful friends here. Oh, my silver fox has promised me a sponsored slot in the London marathon in the spring so it's time to get back to training as well. I smile just thinking about that mile 22 fatigue. Gods, I am one sick little kitty!