Sunday, September 7, 2008

Friends

"Never explain- your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway." - Elbert Hubbard

I am in Edinburgh with my wee brother. We have taken on new names for our foray into this new country. He is Ross and I am Monica. We tried to take on my flatmates surname but he did not want us sullying his illustrious name so he offered us this: McTeuchter. It's a sassenach ('lowlander') way to say 'highlander'. It's killing us with laughter!
There have been many adventures since my last post but little time to record them. Valentina met my silver fox and we did London proper by starting at the Berkeley Blue Bar where I spent a good hour chasing the dealer around and then headed to Umu where we failed to appreciate the elegant atmosphere and food. After that, we went to Nobu where I got a bloody nose. What can I say? Class! Valentina liked my guy. Thinks I should marry him (she always thinks that when she meets my guys) or at least get busy wringing him for profit. I have never been the kind of woman who schemes so her advice is unfortunately lost on me. Oh well.
I also spent a mad night with Matteo where we hosted a going away party for a mate of hours with two huge habits- charlie and puttane. It was total ruination but also something I would not have missed for anything! My brother and I will meet up with Matte for dinner next week and I can't wait to see mia bestia...
The days blurred together in their usual fashion until Ross arrived. I met him at Paddington and we spent the 2 hour, 4 tube/train ride home catching up. I have missed him so much that I may have him kidnapped! We went out together with my silver fox and Ross likes him. He thinks a genuine nice guy who is interested in my well-being might be just what I need.
So, I spent the next days corrupting my sweet brother and then we headed off for North Yorkshire. I texted with some of my boys (schoolteacher, silver fox, and Navy lieutenant) but before and on this holiday, I find a huge difference in their approaches. My silver fox is almost smothering me, my lieutenant is distant, and my schoolteacher is perfectly in the middle. Men. My flatmate is here and his girlfriend joined us for a couple days. They fell out so he has been humpy here in Scotland but I am still happy to have him here. All in good fun and here endeth the lesson for today. Spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch..