Friday, September 26, 2008

Irons in the Fire

"Quot Homines Tot Sententiae. (So many men so many questions.)" - Terence

I am aware that I don't usually update this often but I have been quite busy these days and would like to keep you all abreast of current events. The Albanian trouble seems to be mostly over though I am still seeing my twin again tonight so I suppose it is possible violence could break out. He's such a sweet boy though and treats me like the little princess I am therefore I do believe he will behave for my sake. On to other 'irons'. Wait. Slight digression necessary..
I chose this post title because I liked the phallic implication of irons being plunged into my fire however the cockney meaning of 'iron' is a gay man (iron hoof- poof) and I wanted to make it quite clear that I am not using cockney. This has been a public service announcement. Back to your regular program..
So silver fox is separating from his wife and will get even more needy of my time now. My flatmate has asked me to move and silver fox has offered me his pied a terre for as long as I need it but if he is using it too.. It might get a bit close for me to being a serious relationship. He is well aware I date others and am unwilling to commit at this time. Sticky. Anyway, you are probably wondering how that dinner with Graydog went.
We met in Pimlico at one of the yummiest tapas places in London. Graydog had never had tapas so asked me to order for us. What would you young people like to eat? The waiter asked. We giggled and I ordered a feast for us. It was lovely and my boy didn't even mind eating pulpos de feira with me. Our table was so covered with food that we had to hold hands under the table but the affection and convo flowed easily with us until I asked about his recent unsettling news. My girlfriend from South Africa.. he began. I picked up my sangria and drained the glass, refilling it instantly. So this woman is coming to London in a few weeks to enjoy my lover for a month. Bugger. After dinner, I took Graydog to Nobu which we both thoroughly enjoyed. We've got a bit of a contest going for how many different places we can be identified as 'that couple snogging' and adding Nobu was sweet. We taxied back to his and he took my dress off to reveal an elegant corset with money stuffed into it (hadn't had time to wire it to my brother yet). We shagged and got all into the cliche of my Agent Provocateur lingerie, Chanel shoes, and a huge pile of money on the bed. Shagging with him is gorgeous. Neither of us even mentioned a condom for the first time and I broke another rule by barebacking. Oh dear.
So the next morning, after luring Graydog into another couple shags, I offered to take his flatmate to breakfast. Mr. Cap is a lovely boy. Sensitive, kind, and a great conversationalist, I forced a couple of breakfast pints on him before we moved on to a beer garden for a bottle of pinot noir. I would like to note here that we were not completely Thursday wastrels since we stopped in a shop for me to buy some really cute socks and I also managed to hook up with my favourite dealer. Woohoo! Mr. Cap and I headed back to his and Graydog's so I could chill for a bit before going out with my boss later that night. We stopped at an off license to get some wine and, without looking up, I asked the attendant if they had condoms for sale. Silence ensued and I looked. An eight year old girl sat there gaping at me and I gasped before turning red and pissing myself with laughter. Mr. Cap was beside himself as well. The mother came up to show us where the condoms are and we started laughing all over again when we spotted the ones labeled 'English Supporter'. Hysterical! So I shared some goodies with the other people in the house and then jumped a taxi to mine to prepare for an elegant evening with my boss. Good gods. Ended up at my twin's, off my face from substances and no food since breakfast. I was utterly rubbish to him and I am shocked he still wants to see me tonight. I guess he does think of me as his baby girl though and maybe I can be forgiven for being gattina cattiva. Maybe.
So what do you all think? Write off Graydog for being a bastard with a girlfriend? Can silver fox for being needy? Run from my twin for being a bad man and scary fighter? Rugby coach gets back to town next week and unless I cull, there are too many irons in the fire.