Thursday, September 24, 2009

Halcyon Youth

'The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular reason for being happy except that they are so.' - Dr. William Ralph Inge

I was asked years ago which character I would be in 'Sex in the City'. I would, of course, say Carrie since we are all always the star in our own minds. I also recall someone telling me that they would like to always be 35 years old since that is old enough for some knowledge but young enough to enjoy it. True that. I am 32 and am looking forward to being 35. I went out last night with a group of people from our local paper and one of the girls cried for an hour or so because she is still single at 30. How silly.
I love my life and I love being me. I have wonderful friends from all over this world and so many adventures awaiting me. I am sad sometimes. Devastated even. Shit happens, innit. I am also ecstatic sometimes. I have gone through a heap of good and bad times to be where I am.
I celebrated Mabon yesterday in Wiccan style. I am not a witch but am a pagan and I embrace that with all my other aspects. I am a writer. I am a lover. I am a person, a person with an identity. Gattina cattiva. I am so lucky. May I never forget it!
Life is a gorgeous bounty of adventures. Embrace them fearlessly, my darlings, as I embrace you and ask for your acceptance of me.
So now what? More fun, more tears, more love, and more fears. :)