Friday, January 11, 2008

Dalliance

noun- 1. a trifling away of time; dawdling. 2. amorous toying; flirtation.
Ok, I'm going to be here for a few more days so back to Trio Relationship Dynamics 101...
This is by far the longest separation from each other Miei Uomini and I have experienced. We don't like it. So how does one pass the time? There is of course busy work, meditation and reflection, family and friends, and physical activity. Today I want to talk about dalliance as a way to pass the time. First let me explain the background.
We have what is on the surface a very open relationship. I think of it as a "jell-o" triangle. We have to remain quite flexible or we will deconstruct. You see, we do still have a structure. For example, we are allowed to shag someone else as long as the sex is casual. This seems an easy thing but it actually rules out most available sex partners. Exes are out because they shared love and friends are out because they may fall in love, crushes are out because you may fall in love with them, etc... Tricky. The reason for the structure is that we three love and trust ourselves and no one else is allowed into the sacred triangle. Other people are toys. That said, we are not the sort of people to treat others with unkindness or disrespect.
This is where dalliance comes into play (yes I love puns) as a way to relieve the pain of separation without violating the structure or hurting others. Flirtation and intrigue are a great way to get out pent up sex. It makes me, and I hope the person I am dallying with, feel attractive and desirable. It also makes me feel like an illicit adventuress! Here I am with not one but two amazing lovers and I still get to cat around like the gattina cattiva I am! God, I am so lucky... Before this turns into too big of a boast, back to the subject...
There is the risk with dallying that the other person does not see that they are outside the circle of trust. That is why I try to choose my playmates wisely. I'd rather get hurt myself than have another's heartblood on my hands. Lucky for me that I'm a girl since guys tend to be more naturally guarded.
Ladies, don't you feel that a proper flirtation makes you feel like a goddess? Gentlemen, doesn't a woman flirting with you make you feel like you can do anything in the world? The point is that there should be way more flirtation in the world! So my dears, get out there and spread the love!