Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Lovin' in London (IV)

Matteo and I relaxed at home Friday night since we knew with Lo Zio in town Saturday for one day only, it would be a wild one. On Saturday we went for a jog then to view a flatshare for me in the most truly "London" neighborhood I have been to here. The London Fields area is full of edgy, trendy young Brits. We went to the Broadway Market there and ate some fantastic vegetarian Indian food from a stall while we checked out cheese, olives, artwork, etc. After loading ourselves up with some goodies to take home (I haven't seen fresh harissa for sale since the North African market in Arles!), we settled in to a pub for a pint. The pub held an assortment of characters. Lots of folks had their dogs with them so there was the occasional canine convo over the hub of chatter. We were entertained by a group of young guys so drunk and high I couldn't figure out how they stayed upright. I almost had a heart attack when one of them threw his shot glass spinning about three feet in the air but he caught it easily! What a pro!
We got back to the flat in time to greet Lo Zio and caught up on the news before settling down for a nap. Okay, so we didn't nap much but shagging is a priority! We got up and had about 15 minutes to get ready so it was a mad dash. On the way we found out that instead of the few friends we had been expecting, we were going to be a party of 12. This was all good except we still didn't have a dinner reservation. We all met at a pub and managed to find a place that would accomodate our party for a 22.30 res. What can one do when they are hungry but can't get food? Drink alot of course! The night was peculiar and yet fun. We didn't get into bed until 5am. At noon we got up to bid Lo Zio ciao and then tried to figure out what kind of food wouldn't make us puke. Don't worry, this feeling did not stop us from shagging in the shower! I know showers are usually too technically difficult to bother with for actual sex but if you could only see Mia Bestia backlit with water streaming down his gorgeous body, you'd figure out a way too!
We went to King's Road and had some yummy Chinese before going in search of a white button-down shirt for me. My stomach was still rolling around a bit so I suggested we go for a bloody mary. We went to a pub called the Cross Keys. Absolutely charming and the bloody mary was one of the best I've had. We sat by the fireplace, which was decorated with a huge sandstone carving of a friar passed out with a wine jug, and watched it drizzle outside.
We went home and I chatted online with our CriCri for a bit while Matteo cooked us a brilliant pasta con broccoli. I have to comment on this with something I wrote a while back:
"'Mmmm...' Isn't it interesting that we use the same little hum to express our pleasure with food and our pleasure in the bedroom (couch, bath, office, garden, washing machine, dining room table, and -oh boy- we're back in the kitchen!). Ahem. There is a definite connection between the focus and research we put into a meal and the efforts we put into a proper frolic. All we really want is to sate our loved one, to see their eyes light up with joy and surprise and the recognition of our effort. It is a way to cherish each other.
It is not a new idea for food to symbolize love and connection. The first dinner date, the alluring seductress feeding her lover exotic fruits, the couple sharing a kitchen before it becomes the domain of the better (or just bossier) cook, the midnight nosh to bolster stamina for another romp in the dim refrigerator light (that is the nosh... and possibly the romp).
I read a cookbook titled 'Intercourses' and it told me some things I'd always known and some I wanted to learn. Tantra manuals give me a very similar response. Who knew that a past anorexic, someone who had rejected food and love could be so touched?"
Despite being wrapped up in my octopus last night, I did not sleep well. I got up for an hour to surf the net and chat with Sue. I am worried for our Cristiano...