Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Cougar and Other Craziness

"She rolled over onto her side and curled her legs under her. She would not cry. But it was all lost, and she couldn't understand why." - Candace Bushnell

I, fool that I am, asked Reuben to see me today. He declined. When will I learn?! Deniiimm!! I went to lunch today with friends and went for 2 long walks in the park but I can't get sorted. My phone is ringing constantly. How can Gattina be home sipping water at 22.00 on a Saturday night?! Well, lemme tell ya kids, my stomach HURTS from the last several days. A couple nights ago, I ended up in the black sambuca and rolled over to find a gal in my bed. We-ell, what have we here? Darlings, I pulled a cougar! She was also my first English person but Boris insists that she doesn't count in my "world collection" since she's not a man. I think that's rather sexist, don't you? I really don't want to have to sleep with an English guy and since I'm not viewing the UK as one country (why deny myself Ireland and Scotland?!), that doesn't seem fair.
I spent the next day first getting pissed and smoking a spliff at lunch and then out with Boris. You know you're in bad shape when your cousin is fireman carrying you down Clapham High Street to a kebap shop because you are too pissed to walk. We ended up taking an hotel that was seriously nasty. We woke up and I was like, how the fuck did we end up here?! Then I remembered. Oh yeah, by way of The Ship- sweet pub in Wandsworth. Had dinner with some pals that night in Balham and I had not anticipated how much it would grind my insides to be next door to (and inside to visit the cats :)) the place where I knew such happiness with Reuben. I came home early and texted with him on the train which brings us back to the beginning of this post.
My phone is vibrating with messages from friends to get out to the club and hit the coca. I cannot be asked tonight... but I can tomorrow! Hehe. In other news, I am moving to Italia almost immediately when I get back from Malta. I am nervous but I know my Cri will take good care of me and if I hate it, I can always come back here. I have to leave for awhile anyway- I am literally killing myself in this heartbroken state...