Friday, June 13, 2008

All Over the Board

"We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are." - Tobias Wolff

I'm in a pub in London. The sky is grey. I'm eating peanuts and drinking vodka. So what's new, right? I got back from Malta Wednesday and left directly to visit Valentina. I wondered how I would possibly stay up for a chat when she brought me a 'welcome home' gift that got us up and moving to the pub down the road. Probably the best I've had! I was feeling pretty low since arriving in 'Reuben-land' but she has been a staunch supporter of 'oh for fuck's sake, he's nothing- move on!' This is a strange time of year for my ex- Roo and I tried to reach out to him in friendship but he rejected me again. I am ok with just being friends now but apparently he is sore.
I have been offered 2 jobs. One in Kent (an hour out of London by train) and one in Italia. I don't know what to do but will have it sorted by the end of the weekend.
Anyway, we met a boy at the pub that Valentina has dubbed 'Random Builder Guy'. He's cute and rough and sooooo inexperienced (He's 21!). He's actually a bricklayer and that just cracks me up for some reason... He's proper English and we are looking forward to ruining him though I get first crack since I am missing England. Hehe.
Ditched RKD in northern London tonight because it was just too damned far. I have been on public transportation for most of my waking hours the last 2 days. A bit of a fuck is just not worth another train plus the tube tonight, sorry. As I mentioned, it is raining as well!
Matte wants a rendezvous and I also had a chance to fill the 'Lebanon' slot the other night but decided against. Might revisit, after all, the weekend looms!
I think I will try to drop the books I have been saving for Reuben at his while he is gone for the weekend and then work on this, seemingly interminable, list of countries! A woman's work...