Friday, July 11, 2008

A Soak in the Tub

"After all, one knows one's weak points so well, that it's rather bewildering to have the critics overlook them and invent others." - Edith Wharton

Sud?! Alex asked me at our daily crossword session today. Yeah, like from the wash, I responded. You never get just one sud! Fine, I conceded the clue must indeed be sad instead of sud. I booked the hotel in Oxford for tomorrow night, he said, we have two twin beds in one room. Is that alright? I giggled. My sweet flatmate can be so old-fashioned sometimes. I am remembering all the mad nights in my house in the states where 4 or 5 people crammed their way into my double bed for a sleep. Just fine, I said as I wrote in 'altitude'. I am glad Alex is in a good mood with me after the last few days. Let me explain...
I got another job. It pays well and is contract based and is for an automobile company here. Nice to be driven again. Hehe. Anyway, training day was Wednesday and after, Alex and Debs took me out to celebrate my new employed status. We went for tapas and I managed to eat a large quantity of seafood in between visits to the loo with Debs. I didn't have that much charlie left but we made do. The place was closing so I suggested we go to the Mexican joint for mojitos. Alex has decided the Albanians are trouble so refused but Debs and I were up so I texted down to make us drinks and stay open. Alex got humpy and tried to impose a curfew on me. Debs defended me which ended with her storming out with me trailing and trying to make peace. We hopped a cab while Alex walked home. Eek. The Albanians wanted us to go for a bit of an after party but we went all feminist and walked each other home instead.
The next night, I told a fib about playing pool to go back down. Alex can be such a cop! I sat at the bar while Beny had a meeting and chatted with Emilio. Why did your friend ask for my number? He asked. Oh, gods, I need more wine for that question, I responded. I can't, he said, he's my cousin. I would love to but can't. Sure, I understand. I blushed! I went into the loo for a bump and then went for a cigarette intending to leave after. As I smoked, my stalker walked by and paused. Fuck. I rushed back into the bar and he followed. What's wrong? Emilio asked. I explained and he said not to worry, they would look after me. Aww... Stalker sat next to me (turns out, btw, he is Albanian also) so I went to the upstairs bar. He tried to follow but my guys told him it was a private party. So he sat and watched the stairs all night. I was trapped upstairs for the duration but had fun flirting with the bartenders and dancing. Emilio and Beny checked on me regularly and I felt completely helpless. I like Emilio. I want to go on a date with him instead of just a shag and it is the first time I have felt like that since Roo. Can't see how to work that out though. Jeepers.
The next night I met up with Alex to play pool. We listened to 60's music and laughed our tails off. There is a weird old guy that hangs in my local and this anecdote must be reported. Did you reach in your pocket today? A guy at the bar shouted to him. This means 'have you paid for a drink today?'. Of course, I have a wank every day! The man responded. I don't think I potted a ball after that, I was laughing too hard! So random!
I had dinner alone and worked on learning job stuff. I stopped by the Mexican place to thank the guys for looking out for me. The atmosphere was a little tense so I'm going to stay away for awhile. This will not be difficult. My plans with shy artist fell through since he is suffering pretty badly right now and needs to heal. Alex and I are going to Oxford instead to visit Valentina where she is pretending to detox. Gods, I love that girl!
Monday, my cyber-sex companion is coming up for a picnic and a shag in the park. Toddalicious says stranger sex rocks so I can't wait to report! Stay tuned...
P.s. Due to increased water, exercise, detox tea, and vitamins, your Gattina is getting sorted physically so cheers to your health and mine!