Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Art and Life, Imitating

"Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere." - G.K. Chesterton

Well, my dears, I got sacked this morning for not coming home last night. Whoopsie! Ah well, back to good old London. So here's the latest...
I went to Murad's for dinner. He cooked me risotto con funghi, fava beans in Egyptian sauce, asparagus, salad, and chocolate soufflé with fresh strawberries. Yummm... I was completely disoriented by not cooking myself but spent the time drinking so that's alright. We shagged and shagged and I got home around 8.00 for a run. Nice. The guy likes to go at it even more often than I do! A few times a night and in the morning as well. Good gods. It's all to the good but he is hung and I get sore!
I've been working like a dog so was looking forward to the weekend in London for Alex's birthday and a girls' night with Valentina and company at Fire in Vauxhall. I got to London Bridge and Alex and I went for a late lunch and a bottle of wine. He took my rucksack back to Sydenham and I tubed it to West Kensington. I found my friends getting ready for dinner and the club and we all laughed at how I was dressed like a cute little dyke. Fire is a gay bar so it just seemed the right thing! After dropping half a tab of E, we went to a restaurant where we know the manager. We sat out in the lovely garden and drank champagne. Everything was comped which made it even more shameful that after another half, Valentina and I got chastised and almost ejected for snogging at the table. We didn't mean any harm, we just felt good! We got to the club early and went through a police search. We knew the club would be raided because of the 6 police cars outside but we were determined to hear some great music and see some hot naked men! We dropped some more tabs (I had at least 3 through the night) and I started getting stupid high. The lights were tripping me and Valentina kept trying to gently straighten me out. Guardia in mi gli'occhi, guardia bella!
We went outside to smoke and made friends with a guy from the show 'Big Brother' who is being investigated for his possibly racist behaviour on the show. He was utterly sweet to me. He held me up and helped me find Valentina after snogging me on the middle of the dance floor. Cool. We ladies got into it a bit with the coat check folks and then made it back to a friend's flat. We hit the charlie and drank even more booze that we didn't need. I was USELESS! Valentina and I decided to go to hers where we annoyed her ex and got some sleep. Okay, I slept and she ralphed all morning. My mobile and credit cards were at the other flat so thank the gods Valentina had been using my Oyster card to cut the blow and I was able to get back. We somehow spent/lost all my money but I made it back to Alex's and took a bath before heading down to Tunbridge Wells. I was shattered so went to the pub and met Murad who took me to a nice hotel for a whole lot of hanky-panky.
The next day, after work, I went to the pub again and met some wild guys who took me to a bar round the way. Drinks were free and we were downing Laphroig like water. I played a game of chess with a sweet artist (yes, of course I won!) and tried to stay upright. Murad was lookiing for me though and happens to be barred from that place so I went back to my local. I don't remember much after that but I know there was Thai food and another hotel. I got back to mine this morning in time to get sacked. Guess I will have to travel to get that date with my shy artist though he is meeting me in a few moments to say goodbye so maybe he'll come on up to the big city. I AM still missing England...