Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gratitude

'The depth and the willingness with which we serve is a direct reflection of our gratitude.' - Gordon T. Watts

It has been an interesting week and Gattina finds herself more full of gratitude than usual. This is a lovely thing. I have been very grateful for the support and validation I am getting as a writer and I never take my readers or my mentors for granted. Thanks guys! :) I also received an unexpected act of kindness from Krishna in the form of a rescue. Let me explain:
My ex, BH, decided quite suddenly that I am a bad person and ranted at me and unceremoniously dumped me off at my brother's. I was terribly upset and phoned Krishna. He picked me up and let me cry it out at his, cuddled up with the dawg. I fell asleep from crying with my ipod in my ears, my book open, and the dawg spooned into me. Krishna closed my book, charged my ipod, and woke me up a couple hours later with the gift of a little holiday on Zog. He was considerate and sweet. The next day, we sexed and snuggled and chatted. What will you blog about if we're getting along so well? He puzzled. Oh don't worry, there's still plenty of drama...
Before BH decided I was horrid (for putting the screws to someone in return for a favour- not the nicest thing I've ever done, I suppose), we spent a little holiday time on Zog ourselves. He decided he wanted me to punch him in the chest for a bit of a thrill. Are you sure? I was skeptical. I am petite but strong and martial arts trained. He has a well-developed upper body though soooo...
The verdict two days later was that I broke two of his ribs. Whoa!!!!! I was in shock! My superhero powers seem to be getting out of control so I am spending a few days being intellectual and focusing on my novel and upcoming road trip to Cleveland. I won the trip in a pool game last night. That and an iphone. I didn't win every match however so it looks like I am spending my evening in a stripjoint. Dio mio. I am getting too old for this stuff. Really? No. :)