Sunday, August 2, 2009

Joint Custody

'"I don't think we need to have an argument here," I told them. "We'll use both systems. At any particular time we'll use whichever one seems to be the more convenient.'" - Calculus the Easy Way

The day before BH and I were to leave for Cleveland, Krishna had wanted to see me but when he realised he would have to scoop me from my ex's flat again, he balked. I don't think it's cool for me to keep taking you from another dude's house, he started, if you want to see me you will go to your brother's. Alright kids, what's Gattina's stance on ultimatums?
I was hoping to see Krishna now that I am back -I am heartsick for the sight of the dawg- but he's playing cool. Play cool, babe, whatev. Anyway, the trip to Cleveland was as rock 'n roll as could be imagined. We stayed downtown and walked over to Lola, one of Iron Chef Michael Symon's restaurants. He happened to be there but I was too caught up with my beef cheek pierogi starter, lamb heart main, and Rustenburg John X Merriman 2006 Pinotage to say 'Hiya'. It's not like he cooked the food anyway so I thanked the kitchen staff at the end of the meal. They were great and I highly recommend Lola. The server gave us the lowdown on the 'Warehouse District' club scene so the next I knew, we were hoofing it over to the Velvet Dog where there is a rooftop dance floor. Awwww... yeah!
BH was getting feisty and almost got us into a pavement brawl with some American fratboys. Yipe, I said, and drew his attention to my attire. Micro-mini skirts and stilettos may be fine for fighting in video games but in real life, not good. We made it to the club and a couple shots later were dancing on the roof with an Italian/American hottie who unfortunately did not speak her ancestral tongue. She did however speak the universal girl language of 'hands down the front of my ex's trousers after ripping his shirt open'! Awesome! I was like- seal the deal!! BH is kind of shy though and was having a bit of a freakout so we taxied back to the hotel to have a rockstar fight. He decided I should od on sleeping pills (50 pills! He kept shouting- 50!) so I choked down 24 and then vomited by the side of the bed. He dragged me into the toilet to sick up more and then told me I couldn't even count for not taking all 50. I hit him with a lamp.
He ended up phoning Krishna to try and upset me more. Poor Krishna woke up to a voicemail that had him believing I was in hospital and needed him to come get me. Fuck. That sorted, BH and I spent the day wandering the city. We found a bookshop and a pub. That's how we roll. :) The pub had a mastiff so I sneaked a snog but later asked Krishna not to tell the boxer since splitting affections can get MESSY. -ahem- I believe BH and Krishna have decided to have a little chat this week but right now, it's time for me to shower and head over to Krishna's since he just invited me. Wish me 'In boca al lupo...' since I suck at juggling... :)